Tuesday, September 20, 2011 | By: Gerrylocs

Zulu (Masai) Hair Clips

I love these hair clips...they remind me of the traditional Zulu spear & shield, but I got them in Kenya in a Masai Market, so I can't exactly calll them Zulu Clips :-)

Anyways, I have found wonderful ways to hold my hair up for gym/casual styles using these clips...shown in these pics is my fav by far
tie the hair in a single braid as far back as possible..
braid halfway and flip the braid over torwards the top of your head
take 2 parts of the open braid, place the clip on top and fasten..
let the remaining 3rd part of the open braid hang loose in whatever direction...or tuck in, whatever..

There...you're good to go...

Ps: I tried to take pics as I went along but that proved to be mission impossible...hope you can sort of figure out instructions from the pics...I love the way Dewdrop makes all her how-to instructions idiot-proof, but I'm just not that gifted :-)

3 comments:

Gerrylocs said...

Sorry people, I'm struggling with the new settings, my paragraphs etc are just not saving properly!!! hopefullly, I will figure it out soon :-)

Kreyola said...

Very pretty! Really love the fullness of your locks.

Gerrylocs said...

Thanks Kreyola...locks filling up nicely. I don't have thick hair by nature but with natural hair my hair has grown surprisingly fuller

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.