Monday, May 23, 2011 | By: Gerrylocs

Gaps/Holes in Locks

Hi Everyone

OK, I'm stressed...remember the growth I complained about? Retightening it has brought me headaches.

I had to do 4 to 5 full rotations per lock to fully tighten each lock, and given that I have about 300 locks, this took longer than expected to do my hair. In frustration I taught a friend and asked her to do the back section. She seemed to doing it faster than I was doing it, so it was yay-ness for a while (until I discovered the holes in most of the locks at the back).

Basically, my hair is locked very tight to the scalp, for about 1/4 inch, then the rest of my previous growth is soft gaps/holes. I'm worried about the uniformity of my locks after this. I'm also worried that these unlocked bits will cause bulging problems and/or I will find myself with fragile & breaking locks in the parts that are soft and not locked.

I have been trying to fix the holes by passing the locks through the holes, but for my smaller locks, the extension part is straining my hair as the locks get stuck as I attempt to pull them through the gaps.

If you have any advice, or can direct me to anyone who has blogged about this, I will appreciate it. I'm kind of stressing and can't stop touching the holes in thorough frustration...

Help please! Anyone????!!!

3 comments:

Mrs Mac's Corner... said...

Hey hun, just saw your post before bed, I will have a look to see what I can find tomorrow but for now have you seen Dewdrops video on youtube? here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYmU-gLBgmI

msfullroller said...

I saw your comment on Loc Rocker. Now, I'm no expert but holes are caused by passing through the same area twice or more when interlocking/latching/retightening whatever you want to call it.

To repair the hole, interlock it just like you would the newgrowth. The key is to get through both legs of the Y or hole that was created in the lock. You may have to use a safety pin to open a space wide enough so you can thread your tool through. You'll do the same rotations but make sure you are making you enter into both legs of that Y. Depending on the severity, 1-2 directions is usually enough to close up the hole. I've fixed a few locs with holes using this method and it works.

Here is the post that I got inspiration from to do this. http://naturigurls-locjourney.blogspot.com/2009/04/4-vs-3-and-2-pt-rotations.html scroll down to almost the end of the post and click on the illustration.

Gerrylocs said...

Thank you ladies, mrsfullroller that post is helpful indeed... God bless :-)

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.