Wednesday, January 26, 2011 | By: Gerrylocs

Wedding Updo

I went to East Africa over the December holidays, and my hosts had to attend a wedding of their childhood friend who lives in the United States; and they dragged me along :-) Nairobi is pretty hot in December so I pulled my hair into a nice updo off my shoulders.
It turned out nice, I think... I have always been creative with hair, especially braided hair, and I'm finding it pretty easy to style my locs on the few-and-far-inbetween days when I actually make an effort. I never really think of taking pictures, but since I'm turning over a new blog leaf this year I suppose I'll have to make an effort. The plan is to have a page dedicated to hairstyles, so that whoever wants can get ideas on what to do with their hair can do so. I must say I have found some pretty nice hairstyles on blogs and it is only fair that I share whatever I can to add to the pool f ideas out there :-)

Anyway, nothing fancy here really, I wanted the different colours on my hair to show, so I decided to have a bit of hair hanging loose. I held a small portion of the hair with my hand, and with the other kept wrapping and tucking small sections of hair around the small pony. I sectioned the hair in front to the side...that's all really...

Here's a back view, it is not very clear since I cropped it from a full picture with other people, but I hope you get the idea...

Thank you to those who noticed and commented on my different layout. I'm still struggling with minor details like getting my slideshow to upload properly...but I suppose I'm getting there slowly!

A blessed day to you all :-)

2 comments:

Amba said...

I love your hair. Congrats on your install and diy maintenance too.

Gerrylocs said...

thanks Amba :-) been stalking your blog for ever... how is your new set of locks coming along?

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.