Thursday, February 3, 2011 | By: Gerrylocs

Meet ButtaPhly


ButtaPhly is a friend of mine from church, lovely human being with a beautiful soul and rich dense hair :-) She started 2 strand twist sometime early last year, and when I came back from the US with my gerrylocks she volunteered her hair for me to practise on, with the tool (I think there was a bit of pressure from my side as well, can't remember).

Her hair was already locking, so for a full afternoon, I pulled her twists apart (making 2 locks for each locking twist) and crocheted her 3 inch growth.  I must admit she had a lot of faith in me because I really didn't have a clue what I was doing, I was just using common sense and determination to master using the tool :-)

Our experiment worked out rather well, today was her 4th retightening (from August) and her hair is thick, bouncy, fluffy and gorgeous! The tool maintained part and the rest of locks from the twist have blended rather well, I was afraid the parts done with the nappylocks tool would be thinner. She has no grid as her original twists were free-formed, but her hair is too thick anyway, I doubt the grid would show.

I didn't have time to style her today, but her hair stretches and is long enough to plait unto a nice style.

Our next project is to trim the fluff around each lock for a more professional look, but I'm weary to experiment with the scissors until I have read enough to know what I'm doing. If any of you is familiar with trimming locks, and have blogged about it, please direct me to the blog-links.

I thank God for all the friends who have allowed me to learn-as-I-go on their heads...I know how fussy I am with my own hair, so I know how much love and faith it must take to allow someone to 'experiment' on your hair..:-)

So long...
Keep on spreading the loc-love..

2 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gerrylocs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.