Thursday, February 24, 2011 | By: Gerrylocs

Cornrows...experiment :-)

I attempted cornrows with my locks, however I think my locks are a little bit too long for this hairstyle, or the downward plait wasn't tight enough... but whatever the case, although I got a lot of compliments, I felt something wasn't quite right.

Too much of a rooster effect? not sure...

I'm still going to try a few more styles..at least 2 every month, I'm loving the freestyle so much I'm bordering on downright laziness!!!

PS: not sure if this sort of 'cornrows' hairstyle doesn't break the hair, I didn't keep it long enough to find out...I'm somehow paranoid with anything that pulls my front locks as I feel they are too thin to handle the pressure.. need to get over it soonest!

2 comments:

locstory said...

Please be careful with cornrows on sisterlocks, Boston-based consultant Martine Bernard lost her glorious locks because of cornrows. Sophia, Naturally made an extensive report on the tragedy and interviewed Martine about it. You can read the story on http://naturallysophia.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Paula.

Gerrylocs said...

wow, thanks Paula... I somehow suspected it just from instinct, thank you again, I'd probably have kept on plaiting my hair into cornrows from time to time...knowledge is indeed power!

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.