Sunday, March 13, 2011 | By: Gerrylocs

Triple Bun

This is my first attempt of a triple bun inspired by Dewdrop's attempt of Fuesha's double bun :-) I'm sure my second attempt will even be better.

I tried to follow Fuesha's tutorial but I struggled, so I improvised. I found it easier for me to start with the innermost bun and work my way outwards rather than the instructions as per the tutorial, which is outward bun first then inner bun.

Depending on the length of your hair, I suppose even four layers are possible; but for me, the triple bun works best.

I'm not good with step-by-step instructions, but here's what I did :-
  • Start with the centre smaller bun, tie hair with whatever works for you and twist the hair anticlockwise as you would with a regular bun.
  • Add another layer and tie it at the base of centre bun and repeat process (careful as inner bun tends to protrude upwards).
  • Tie the remaining hair (or another layer if you are making more layers) into the base of the middle bun and repeat again.
  • I added a few beaded pins and a string of pearls around the outer bun just for a bit of colour and fun!
  • The pictures below are not the greatest but I hope they make my instructions clearer.


5 comments:

Kreyola said...

Very Pretty!! I can't wait for my locks to gain some length so I can try this.

Gerrylocs said...

Thanks Kreyola...your hair doesn't look too short, I'm sure you're closer to that day than you think, if you're not there already :-)

z said...

This is just absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for posting pictorial instructions on how to create this bun. Now you've inspired me to try again and this time i'll follow your instructions. Your locs are gorgeous. :-)

Miss Marita said...

Yes your locs are sooo pretty! Those pearls make your bun look extra classy and elegant. I learned about gerrylocs through your blog, what an interesting and lovely technique! Hope to see more from you soon ^.^

Gerrylocs said...

Hey dewdrop, love your new color, thanks for the compliment.. I think locking my hair is the best decision ever :-)

@Miss Marita, thanks for dropping by and reading my blog, I'm also keeping an eye on your blog and your gorgeous locs, hope the first retightning goes well :-)

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.