Wednesday, July 28, 2010 | By: Gerrylocs

Side Do

I was  brave enough this past Sabbath to attempt a side do...it turned out rather well. I couldn't plait all the hair in.. I have more hair than I'm used to with the microlocks...so I swept the hair to the sides and only used the front and back row to hold the plait to the side. I'm not sure if I didn't put unnecessary pressure to the front and backline though, so until I'm well-versed in these matters I'll stick to free-style.
Don't know if you can see from the back, but I have hair that needs retightening already... and I haven't even ordered the tool...mmmm

OK; I just stopped typing and did a 4 pt rotation to the one at the back with my fingers and it worked!!!! OK, it's not too tight, but hey...I did it:) :)

6 comments:

z said...

Great job! Your up-do is cute and your attempt at using 4pt. is something to be proud of. It looks like your back row of locks might be collecting a little lint (this usually happens when we wear tops/sweaters or sleep on cotton pillow cases). You can use Apple Cider Vinegar to remove the lint or color it in with a black sharpie marker. I have this problem sometimes, but there are preventative measures.

MakaLathi said...

Looking good friendo, I'm sure by the time I get back you'll be a pro. Stay put my return draweth nigh.

Gerrylocs said...

@Dewdrop, I'm going to try the vinegar..I'm just waiting for my nappy locks tool and its taking forever. I'm struggling with lint and dandruff but I can't wash as frequently as I'd like to allow my hair to settle AND to wait for the tool..

@Vuvu...waiting...impatiently:)

Gerrylocs said...

@Dewdrop, I'm going to try the vinegar..I'm just waiting for my nappy locks tool and its taking forever. I'm struggling with lint and dandruff but I can't wash as frequently as I'd like to allow my hair to settle AND to wait for the tool..

@Vuvu...waiting...impatiently:)

Unknown said...

Wow! Love this style. What camera do you use?

http://ohmysisterlocks.blogspot.com

Gerrylocs said...

believe it or not, my phone!!! It came out rather well :)

Post a Comment

Gerrylocs. Powered by Blogger.